Verity Rhodes: Bioderma: Dehydrated Skin

Wednesday 9 July 2014

Bioderma: Dehydrated Skin



 
Last winter I purchased my first Bioderma product (the Sensibio H20), and I have just loved the French skincare brand ever since. If you covet a healthy, dewy Victoria's Secret style glow but your skin remains dull and lacklustre, the underlying problem may well be dehydration. For years I tried an endless list of primers, highlighters, shimmer bricks and illuminators, all of which promised luminosity...but fell totally flat. It wasn't until I learnt more about skincare, that I realised hydrated skin is the first and most important step towards a radiant complexion. Here are 3 of my best-loved products from Bioderma's Hydrabio line for dehydrated and sensitive skin...


Hydrabio H20 - £9.99

If you follow beauty bloggers, it would be pretty much impossible to have never heard of Bioderma's cleansing waters. One of these guys is reportedly sold every six seconds globally, and so its safe to say they've become a cult classic. This product promises to gently cleanse the face and eyes, remove make-up and moisturise the skin. Its a fuss-free non-rinse cleanser, meaning you simply apply some to a cotton pad and wipe your face. For me personally, this is a far better alternative to greasy feeling cleansing oils that have to be washed off at the sink, and result in you rubbing your eye make up all over your face.  Am I the only one who thinks that this is the last thing I want to do at the end of a long day!? Anyway... After using this product, I began to notice some pretty amazing changes to my skin. Instantly, my skin felt so much healthier and super squeaky clean (but without feeling stripped). As you use the cleansing water, it really feels like its drawing out all of the  impurities, make-up, grime and general grossness from the day that has been clogging up your skin. As a result, I experienced a serious reduction in breakouts. Occasionally, I'll even use this product in the morning if my skin feels a bit tired and in need of a refreshing boost. If you're in need of a product that leaves your skin feeling fresh, healthy and beautifully clear, the Bioderma cleansing waters are a  must.



Bioderma Hydrabio Rich Moisturising Cream - £14.00

This has been one of those rare products that has come into my life and left me wondering what I ever did without it. Over the years I feel like I have tried a million and one different moisturisers, all of which had promised to make my dull, dehydrated complexion soft and radiant, but failed to deliver. I've always been quite vocal about my general reluctance to splurge on expensive moisturisers. Unlike make-up, the results of skincare aren't instant - the only real way to test a moisturiser is to take a gamble and buy it. This could result in one very expensive mistake if its not right... That said, I was growing so frustrated that I almost caved and bought the Chanel Hydra Beauty Cream. But then I discovered the Hydrabio Rich Moisturiser. For me, it is HOLY GRAIL material. As the name suggests, the product is a very rich and creamy formula that I apply each morning and night. As soon as I begin massaging this into my skin, it looks plump and radiant. It also creates the perfect base for my make up, helping me to achieve a gorgeous dewy glow that lasts! However, given the richness of this product I would be wary about recommending this product to friends with oily skin-types. A better option for those blessed with a natural glow may be 'Hydrabio Light,' a less intense formulation that hydrates the skin without feeling too heavy.

 
 
Quite simply, this is just nourished, supple, glowing skin in a bottle! If you want all the hydration and moisture that the Sarah Chapman Overnight Facial has to offer without the hefty price tag, you'll love this product! Once a week I apply a thick layer of this to my skin, leave it for ten minutes and then massage in the remaining product until its fully absorbed.  After using the mask, my skin just feels super soft and deeply hydrated.  The mask is great at locking in moisture to the skin, and so not only is it fab for long haul flights, but its also a go to product during the cold winter months. In short, this product is perfect for when your skin is in need of a bit of extra TLC!
 
Unsure as to whether you have dehydrated skin? Take a little look here...
 
 
 
 
Have any of you guys used Bioderma before? I'd love to here your thoughts and recommendations!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment