Verity Rhodes: Review: Beauty Blender

Thursday 17 July 2014

Review: Beauty Blender

 
 
I sort of hummed and hawed over purchasing the Beauty Blender for a couple of weeks before I placed an order with BeautyBay. I think I just kept questioning how big a difference one little sponge could make... Two Beauty Blenders later I can say with confidence the answer is a BIG difference.
 

The Beauty Blender is an egg shaped make up sponge that helps you to blend your base and achieve a gorgeous, flawless finish. Before using the sponge you soak it in water, and then gently squeeze out the excess water so that its damp but not drenched.

 
When you wet the Beauty Blender it swells to double the size - maybe I'm just really easily pleased but I find it so satisfying to watch! It's uniquely shaped so that the rounded edge can be used in a bouncing/stippling motion to blend foundation into the larger areas of the face, and the pointy edge can be used in hard to reach areas around the eyes, mouth and nose.
 

I really like using the Beauty Blender. Especially with my higher coverage foundations such as NARS Sheer Glow, as it helps to achieve a lighter, more natural finish.  However, as it does sheer out the coverage a little I probably wouldn't suggest using the Beauty Blender with anything too light.
 
I've always been one of those girls who could never get away with layering my make up or using a lot before it begins to look cakey. But when I use the sponge after I've cleansed and exfoliated my skin, my make up looks so seamless. In fact, with the right base you can achieve that 'I'm not wearing any make up I swear!' look.  
 
I've heard a lot of people accuse the Beauty Blender of being expensive, but I think when you consider that MAC brushes are priced at around £30 (and compare the results) its actually really affordable... There are a couple of cheaper versions on the market which I can't honestly say I've tried, but I think the general vibe amongst bloggers is that they don't really compare.
 


And here are my results.... I really do think it helps you to achieve a gorgeous, airbrushed finish with your make up.  I love that it can be used to help give fuller coverage foundation a more natural look, and that it can be used with lighter bases for seamless no make up, make up days. It also helps makes blending so easy!  Even my most un-blendy (new word for you there) make up like my Kevyn Aucoin concealer, blends like a dream in a fraction of the usual time with the help of my Beauty Blender.

*For the purposes of giving you guys reliable and trustworthy reviews ,that enable you to formulate your own opinion as to whether a product is worth buying, or if its right for you I do not edit any of my photos. However, for that reason you'll have to excuse my dark under eye circles - I was feeling a bit poorly today!
 
Have any of you tried the Beauty Blender or one of the cheaper alternatives? If so, I'd love to hear your thought on them and how they compare!
Verity x
 
 


 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment