Verity Rhodes: #YoutubersMadeMeDoIt

Wednesday 16 July 2014

#YoutubersMadeMeDoIt

 

 
Ever since discovering the world of beauty blogging, I've come to respect and trust the opinions of so many of my favourite YouTubers. In truth, I think the likes of Tanya Burr, Amelia Liana, Fleur De Force and Essie Button (to name just a few) have influenced countless purchases, but in particular they've inspired many of my higher end beauty buys. Here are a few of my favourites...

 

Clarisonic Mia 2 - £125.00

Blogger: Tanya Burr
 
As soon as I discovered Tanya's YouTube channel, I was like what does this girl uses on her skin!? It's ahh-mazing. It wasn't long before I came across her glowing review of the Clarisonic Mia, an electronic cleansing brush that uses fancy sonic technology to deep-clean your skin. You simply apply your favourite cleanser to your face, and then use the Clarisonic to massage it into your skin, and then rinse. But what benefit does the Clarisonic bring above normal, manual cleansing? According to Tanya, it cleanses your skin 6x more efficiently. It's also super quick and convenient. As its waterproof, the Clarisonic can be used in the bath or shower, and it only takes 60 seconds. It also has a pulsing T-timer, that lets you know what area of your face you should be working on and when. This prevents you from over scrubbing your face, something that can do more harm than good for your skin. Sure enough, the Clarisonic makes my skin feel clean and clear every time. It also gently exfoliates and lifts away dead skin, getting rid of any dry patches and leaving my skin soft and smooth. It's also great for controlling oily skin. The brush heads need to be replaced every 2 months. Priced at two for £35 they are verrrrry expensive, although I have bought mine a lot cheaper on eBay.   Clarisonic advise that its gentle enough to use twice daily, but for me personally this would be seriously overdoing it. Once or twice a week is more than enough to see the benefits!
 
 
 
Blogger: Vivianna Does Make-Up
 
The other day when I wore this foundation, my sister remarked that my skin looked like velvet, and that's pretty much the best way I could describe the finish. This foundation is up there alongside NARS Sheer Glow, as one of my favourites. It has the most gorgeous texture. Its weightless, silky, and it just glides on your face beautifully. Anna described this foundation  as being 'not too matte, nor too dewy – it sort of sits in the middle of the finish spectrum,' and I couldn't have put it better myself. When I wear this my skin just has a healthy and natural 'lit from within' glow. It's a medium coverage foundation, that somehow manages to perfect your complexion, whilst still leaving your skin looking like skin. It's one of the few products that maintains its luminosity on my skin all day, so I can imagine that girls with oilier skin types might need a little powder to stop their skin from having any disco ball moments.
 
 
Glam Glow Mud Mask - £25.00

 Blogger: Essie Button
The reason that I really enjoy using the Glam Glow mud mask, is that it feels like hitting the refresh button on your skin. I use my fingers to  apply some all over my face, and after ten minutes when it's all dried (and I resemble a scary swamp monster), I rinse it off with a muslin cloth. My favourite thing about clay masks like these, is that not only are they great exfoliators but also feel so rejuvenating and clarifying. When I was reading up on Glam Glow, all the bloggers kept talking about the gorgeous tingly sensation the product had on the skin. Maybe I just haven't been using enough, but I didn't notice any tingling in the slightest. I've been using mine quite sparingly because it's really expensive. It costs £25 for the smaller 15ml jar (from which I estimate that I will get around 4, maaaaybe 5 uses), and £50 for the 50ml jar. Although pricey, everything about Glam Glow looks and feels luxurious. If you fancy treating yourself,  it's an ideal product to use ahead of special occasions, or when your skin is in need of some intense pampering. If you want to see if the product is worth the hype but are feeling hesitant to pay full price, Glam Glow now offer 'try before you buy' tester sets that you can find here.
 
Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer - £38.00
Blogger: Amelia Liana
As soon as I heard Amelia say 'this concealer will literally cover everything,' I wanted it. When I told my sister I was contemplating paying £38 for a concealer, she did question whether I'd ever considered just sleeping more instead, but no matter how well rested I am my horrible, purpley dark under-eye circles won't budge. No concealer has ever really been able to give me lasting coverage without the dark shadows re-emerging five minutes after application. So eventually, I talked myself into buying it (although I did have to practically look away as I handed over my card). The actual product is a super thick, creamy formula. Most would probably consider it too heavy for the under eye area, but it can be mixed in with an eye cream or moisturiser to lighten the formulation. When applied, any bags or blemishes are gone to the world, and the coverage lasts for a good five hours before it begins to fade. Whilst in the short term the finish is fab, it doesn't provide the day long bright eyed and bush tailed look I'd hoped for. As I opted for a slightly lighter shade it also makes a really lovely highlight on the brow bone, and a little goes a long way...it's going to last forever. The lady at Space NK explained that the reason it's so pricey is that it can double as a foundation. However, it's so thick I personally wouldn't want it all over my face. Its thick texture also means that it takes a lot of blending... so, SO much blending. At first I'd written this concealer off as too time consuming and impractical for everyday use, until I started using it with my beauty blender. However, despite its consistency it barely settles into fine lines, (it does a little, but given the graveyard of just ok concealers within my collection I can take a little creasing in exchange for actual coverage).  Its not perfect, but its the closest to it I've found...
Blogger: Lily Pebbles
 
As one of the most hyped up blogger products ever, the Over Night Facial had a lot to live up to but it certainly didn't disappoint. My notes on this one are short and sweet! The product itself is like a serum-oil which is massaged into the skin at night. It's gorgeous, silky-smooth texture just melts into the skin and leaves your skin velvety soft to touch. Its hydrating and moisturising (without being even remotely greasy) and when you wake your skin is still beautifully soft with a healthy glow.
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 


 


 




 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment